Have you or a loved one been injured in a slip, trip and fall accident?
- Do not rely on insurance companies.
- You are our top priority.
We understand the hardship and loss that is suffered after a slip, trip and fall accident involving serious injury or death. Accident victims and families in the Upper Midwest, including Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, North Dakota and South Dakota, rely on the experienced slip, trip and fall accident attorneys at Schwebel, Goetz & Sieben to help them navigate the aftermath of difficult situations.
SLIP, TRIP AND FALL ACCIDENTS OVERVIEW
“Slip, trip and fall” is a name for situations where a person is injured by slipping or tripping and falling due to a dangerous or unreasonable condition on the premises. The fall can happen inside or outside of the property, and be caused by conditions such as a wet floor, bad flooring, poorly lit steps, a slippery sidewalk, a weather related situation, escalator, elevator, swimming pool or any hidden hazards.
Slip, trip and fall accidents are by far the most common type of premises liability cases in which property owners and businesses have a duty to provide a safe environment for people on their property. Accidents can result in death or serious injuries such as broken bones, amputation, traumatic brain injury, neck, back, and spinal cord injuries.
Hazardous conditions related to premises liability claims include:
- Uncleared snow
- Clear ice
- Improperly secured mats and rugs
- Hidden drop-offs
- Pot holes
A property owner may be liable for the injury of a visiting person under the following circumstances:
- If there is a failure to maintain the property by the owner, or owner creates a condition that may result in injury or damage to another’s property.
- If the owner knows of a danger and is aware that others will come onto to his or her property, but does nothing to eliminate the hazard, erect barriers, or warn others of the condition
- If the owner’s actions – or inactions – cause damage to his or her neighbors’ property
DO NOT RELY ON INSURANCE COMPANIES
Do not accept any claim before you speak with an attorney. Many large insurance companies have adopted settlement policies that encourage their adjusters to offer quick payments to persons involved in an accident. Insurance adjusters will contact you or your family shortly after an accident to try to gain your confidence. In doing so, insurance adjusters often try to present themselves as the friend of the injured person or the family of the person who was killed in an accident. The goal of such contact is to settle the case on terms as favorable as possible for the insurance company.
YOU ARE OUR TOP PRIORITY
Schwebel, Goetz & Sieben is Minnesota’s largest personal injury law firm. We maintain a national reputation for achieving substantial settlements and jury verdicts for our slip, trip and fall accident clients.
Our success is attributed to the combination of experience, expertise, and exceptional dedication to the needs of every client. Many accidents are caused by negligence, so it is imperative that anyone involved in an accident contact an experienced injury attorney. Please remember that it is vital to act swiftly after you’ve been injured. The sooner you involve a personal injury attorney, the better we will be able to preserve evidence, gather essential witnesses and address any other important factors.
- Medical reimbursement
- Payment for past and future income loss
- Full compensation for pain and suffering
- Peace of mind in knowing your financial interests are being protected
WE ARE THERE FOR YOU
- Same day, evening and weekend appointments
- Home and hospital visits
- Never a fee until we receive a settlement for you
- We will go to trial if a fair settlement is not obtained
- Serving Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, North Dakota and South Dakota
Don't wait! Contact us if you or a loved one has been seriously injured >>