Slip, Trip and Fall: What should I do?

Free Case Evaluation

- No Fee Unless You Win -

Free Case Evaluation Form Click to expand

Slip and Fall Accident: What Should I Do?


  • Go to the hospital emergency room, and tell the doctor about every area of your body in which you are experiencing pain.
  • Immediately report your accident to the property owner or property security company. Be sure to get a copy of the accident report.
  • Try to get the names and telephone numbers of any people who may have witnessed your fall.
  • Place the shoes and all the articles of clothing you were wearing at the time of the accident in a sealed plastic bag to preserve any materials or substances that could relate to your fall.
  • If you have suffered any visible damage to your body (i.e., cuts, scrapes and bruises) have someone take photographs or permit an investigator to take them.
  • Do not discuss or make any statements about your case with any employees or insurance representatives of the property owner, without first speaking with your lawyer.
  • Do not accept any forms of payment or sign any releases without speaking to a lawyer. Doing so could waive your legal rights.
  • If you know of any prior accidents in the same location, disclose the information to a lawyer.
  • Contact Schwebel, Goetz & Sieben immediately following a slip and fall accident at 1-800-752-4265 to learn your legal rights and receive the just compensation you deserve.