Have you or a loved one been affected by a burn injury?
- Do not rely on insurance companies.
- You are our top priority.
We understand the hardship and loss that is suffered after an accident involving serious injury. Accident victims and families in the Upper Midwest, including Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, North Dakota and South Dakota, rely on the experienced accident attorneys at Schwebel, Goetz & Sieben to help them navigate the aftermath of difficult situations.
BURN INJURIES OVERVIEW
A burn injury can be the most traumatic injury a person can suffer. The mental, physical and monetary costs of recovering from a burn injury are staggering. Severe burn injuries may require years of hospitalization, doctor visits, physical therapy, and extensive counseling to overcome the mental trauma sustained from a bad burn injury. In the most serious cases, a burn injury can be fatal.
Burn trauma can be the result of a construction accident, boating accident, car accident or defective product.
Categories of Burn Injuries
- First degree burns – First degree burns usually affect the outer layer of the skin (epidermis). These burns tend to be moist and red in color. A classic example of a first degree burn would be a mild sunburn.
- Second degree burns – One that penetrates the entire epidermal layer of skin and extends to the deeper layer of skin called the dermis. Characterized as moist pinkish in color with blistering, these types of burns are usually not that serious, and heal within two weeks.
- Third degree burns – The most serious type of burn injury, third degree burns occur when all layers of the skin are burned and the underlying tissue is damaged. These burns are characterized by a white or black dry wound, and permanent scarring is inevitable. In the most severe cases, burns from fires and chemical burns can result in the wrongful death of a loved one.
DO NOT RELY ON INSURANCE COMPANIES
Do not accept any claim before you speak with an attorney. Many large insurance companies have adopted settlement policies that encourage their adjusters to offer quick payments to persons involved in an accident. Insurance adjusters will contact you or your family shortly after an accident to try to gain your confidence. In doing so, insurance adjusters often try to present themselves as the friend of the injured person or the family of the person who was killed in an accident. The goal of such contact is to settle the case on terms as favorable as possible for the insurance company.
YOU ARE OUR TOP PRIORITY
Schwebel, Goetz & Sieben is Minnesota’s largest personal injury law firm. We maintain a national reputation for achieving substantial settlements and jury verdicts for our burn injury clients.
Our success is attributed to the combination of experience, expertise, and exceptional dedication to the needs of every client. Many accidents are caused by negligence, so it is imperative that anyone involved in an accident contact an experienced injury attorney. Please remember that it is vital to act swiftly after you’ve been injured. The sooner you involve a personal injury attorney, the better we will be able to preserve evidence, gather essential witnesses and address any other important factors.
- Medical reimbursement
- Payment for past and future income loss
- Full compensation for pain and suffering
- Peace of mind in knowing your financial interests are being protected
WE ARE THERE FOR YOU
- Same day, evening and weekend appointments
- Home and hospital visits
- Never a fee until we receive a settlement for you
- We will go to trial if a fair settlement is not obtained
- Serving Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, North Dakota and South Dakota