Have you or a loved one been affected by a spinal cord injury?
- Do not rely on insurance companies.
- You are our top priority.
We understand the hardship and loss that is suffered after an accident involving serious injury. Accident victims and families in the Upper Midwest, including Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, North Dakota and South Dakota, rely on the experienced accident attorneys at Schwebel, Goetz & Sieben to help them navigate the aftermath of difficult situations.
SPINAL CORD INJURIES OVERVIEW
A spinal cord injury is defined as damage to the spinal cord that results in loss of function, such as mobility or feeling. For example, in an auto accident, your spinal cord may be compressed or severed resulting in serious injuries and death.
Approximately 10,000 new spinal cord injuries occur each year with life-changing consequences. Victims and their families often have to deal with permanent disabilities such as paraplegia, quadriplegia and myelopathy.
Some causes of spinal cord injury are:
- Car accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, etc.
- Slip, trip and falls
- Defective products
- Work-related injuries (e.g. construction site accidents)
- Diving accidents
- Sports-related accidents
- Gun violence
The resulting spine injury, neck injury or back injury may include:
- Spinal cord injury – Nerve damage due to a spinal cord severely injured that may result in loss of motion or feeling to the lower extremities or permanent paralysis (inability to control the muscles that move your body)
- Slipped disc – Pads of the cartilage in between the vertebrae become damaged or herniated
- Whiplash – Neck snaps and becomes overextended (most common neck injury in car accidents)
- Compression Fracture – The bones of the spine break due to severe trauma
DO NOT RELY ON INSURANCE COMPANIES
Do not accept any claim before you speak with an attorney. Many large insurance companies have adopted settlement policies that encourage their adjusters to offer quick payments to persons involved in an accident. Insurance adjusters will contact you or your family shortly after an accident to try to gain your confidence. In doing so, insurance adjusters often try to present themselves as the friend of the injured person or the family of the person who was killed in an accident. The goal of such contact is to settle the case on terms as favorable as possible for the insurance company.
YOU ARE OUR TOP PRIORITY
Schwebel, Goetz & Sieben is Minnesota’s largest personal injury law firm. We maintain a national reputation for achieving substantial settlements and jury verdicts for our spinal cord injury clients.
Our success is attributed to the combination of experience, expertise, and exceptional dedication to the needs of every client. Many accidents are caused by negligence, so it is imperative that anyone involved in an accident contact an experienced injury attorney. Please remember that it is vital to act swiftly after you’ve been injured. The sooner you involve a personal injury attorney, the better we will be able to preserve evidence, gather essential witnesses and address any other important factors.
- Medical reimbursement
- Payment for past and future income loss
- Full compensation for pain and suffering
- Peace of mind in knowing your financial interests are being protected
WE ARE THERE FOR YOU
- Same day, evening and weekend appointments
- Home and hospital visits
- Never a fee until we receive a settlement for you
- We will go to trial if a fair settlement is not obtained
- Serving Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, North Dakota and South Dakota