Product Liability: What Should I Do?
- Seek immediate medical assistance. It is important to determine what injuries you have sustained. Serious injuries can also occur internally that you may not be aware of right away.
- Save the defective product. Also, do not alter or tamper with the product because this could make it difficult to prove your case. Secure the product in a safe place.
- Save everything related to the defective product, including the sales receipt, instruction booklets, warnings, packaging, manuals and accessories.
- Do not give the product to the manufacturer for testing or any other reasons. Defective product cases are won or lost in the early days following an accident.
- Photograph or videotape the product and injuries at the scene of the accident or as soon after the incident as possible.
- Contact Schwebel, Goetz & Sieben immediately following a product liability accident at 1-800-752-4265 to learn your legal rights and receive the just compensation you deserve.