Drunk Driving Accidents: What should I do?

Free Case Evaluation

- No Fee Unless You Win -

Free Case Evaluation Form Click to expand

What Should I Do After a Drunk Driving Accident?

If you have been injured in an accident with a drunk driver, it is crucial that you immediately take action to protect your health and ensure that you will be treated fairly. Obtaining the services of a good law firm is only one of several important steps that you will need to take.

The experienced Minnesota personal injury attorneys at Schwebel, Goetz & Siebel can guide you through this process and help you get just compensation. Call us at 612-377-7777 or toll-free at 1-800-752-4265 for a free consultation.

What Should I Do If I’ve Been Injured in a Drunk Driving Accident?

  • Immediately following your accident, seek medical care. It is vital to your health that you get the treatment you need and your claims will be taken much more seriously in the future if you received prompt medical attention following the accident.
  • Never try to argue with the other driver, particularly if you suspect that he or she is intoxicated.
  • If you cannot drive your car away from the accident, you should arrange for it to be towed. The damage done to your car is an important indicator of the extent of the accident, so do not get rid of the car even if it cannot be repaired.
  • To protect yourself, you need to obtain copies of all reports generated at the scene of the crime. Never give away any information without first making yourself a copy, and do not sign the other driver’s account of the accident.
  • Report the accident to your own insurance company.
  • Do not discuss the facts of the accident with the other party’s insurance company until you have contacted an attorney, and never accept any claim that the other insurance company offers you without getting a lawyer’s opinion first.

In the aftermath of a collision, it can be difficult to navigate the ensuing legal proceedings and get a fair settlement. For accidents occurring in Minnesota, the personal injury law firm of Schwebel, Goetz & Sieben can protect you from the other driver’s insurance company and lawyers, and work to get you the compensation you deserve for your injuries.