Construction Site Accident: What Should I Do?
- Seek immediate medical assistance. It is important to determine what injuries you have sustained. Serious injuries can occur internally that you may not be aware of right away.
- Whether or not injuries are involved, notify the shift supervisor or the general contractor.
- Report the accident to OSHA.
- Get the names and addresses of any witnesses. A worker injured on a construction site should collect as much information as possible about the various contractors or sub-contractors that were on the job site at the time of the accident.
- Take notes of any statements made by other workers as to how the accident occurred.
- As soon as possible after the accident, the worker (or a friend or co-worker) should take pictures of the accident scene, mechanical device or scaffold and any possible hazardous conditions surrounding the job site.
- If possible, the worker should try to secure potential evidence such as ladders, portable equipment, etc.
- Contact Schwebel, Goetz & Sieben immediately following a construction accident at 1-800-752-4265 to learn your legal rights and receive the just compensation you deserve.