What Should I Do After a Bicycle Accident?
- Your first priority is to seek medical attention if needed for yourself or anyone who might have been injured.
- Regardless of the circumstances, report the accident to the police and file a police report.
- Document the name, address and phone number of the other driver. Write down the make and license number of all vehicles involved. You’ll want to get as much information as you can about the other driver’s insurance agent, policy and insurance company.
- Document the names, addresses and phone numbers of passengers and anyone who may have witnessed the accident.
- Don’t sign papers or make recorded statements. It is possible that the driver, property owner, or their insurance company will try to get you to make a statement, in writing or on tape, about what happened.
- Examine the damage carefully. Take photos if possible, particularly if the accident occurred on private property, such as a parking lot.
- Contact Schwebel, Goetz & Sieben immediately following a bicycle accident at 1-800-752-4265 to learn your legal rights and receive the just compensation you deserve.