News Room

Free Case Evaluation

- No Fee Unless You Win -

Free Case Evaluation Form Click to expand

Six Attorneys from the Law Firm of Schwebel, Goetz & Sieben Discuss Car Accident Litigation

December 2013

Located in Minneapolis, Minnesota, the law firm of Schwebel, Goetz & Sieben works tirelessly for those who have been injured or killed in a serious accident. Read or watch six experienced personal injury attorneys from the firm discuss the best course of action to take if you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident.

Richard Tousignant explains that car accidents are not always unavoidable even if you are an attentive careful driver. When these collisions occur, the following injuries are not uncommon:

  • Broken bones
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Neck, back and spinal cord injuries
  • Wrongful death

Mr. Tousignant invites those who have experienced injury in a car accident to visit www.schwebel.com and fill out the case evaluation form or to make contact by phone at (612) 377-7777 or toll-free at 1-800-752-4265 for a free consultation.

Peter Riley explains the first steps to take if you’ve been in a car accident. Most importantly, find out if anyone in the vehicle is injured. If anyone is hurt, you must request that the police and an ambulance come to the scene of the accident.

After attending to the injuries, Mr. Riley suggests that you ask for the other driver for the following information:

  • License number
  • Insurance company name
  • The policy number
  • License plate numbers of all vehicles that were involved in the crash

Mr. Riley also states that witnesses may wish to identify themselves. If so, it will be your duty to take their names, addresses and telephone numbers and make sure to keep these in a secure location.

If you have damage to your car or your passengers are injured, you must report this to your insurance company. The other party’s insurance company may contact you, but Mr. Riley implores you not to discuss any of the details of the accident.

Finally, Mr. Riley states that you will need to speak to an attorney if there are any serious injuries and that you should not sign any releases until after you have done so.

Alicia Sieben states that your well-being is your first priority after being injured in a car accident. Then, you can concentrate on your rights. Toward this end, Ms. Sieben suggests that you seek medical treatment right away to document your injuries.

Minnesota follows the no-fault system, but you are entitled to the following compensation:

  • Payment of your medical bills
  • Payment for lost wages
  • Payment for the work that you can no longer perform, such as mowing the lawn

William Sieben counsels against acting as your own investigative attorney after you have been involved in a car accident. However, it is very important to begin the investigation early so that liability can be determined.

Mr. Sieben states that you will need to demonstrate that you have a serious injury, and you can do this by interviewing witnesses and taking pictures, but the best choice is to allow an attorney do this for you.

James Weinmeyer explains that Schwebel, Goetz & Sieben handles personal injury cases, including the following:

  • Car accidents
  • Hit-and-run accidents
  • Semi-truck accidents
  • Collisions between bicycles and motor vehicles
  • Bus accidents
  • Drunk driving accidents
  • Motorcycle accidents

Mr. Weinmeyer goes on to describe product liability cases that occur when a tire blows out or an airbag malfunctions and the injuries that can result from these occurrences.

John Goetz informs potential clients that Schwebel, Goetz & Sieben will not be charge a fee for an initial consultation. The attorneys will review the details of your case, and if the case is accepted, work is completed on a contingency basis. If you are awarded a settlement, the firm charges a percentage of this amount.

If you or someone you know has been hurt, you are entitled to reimbursement for medical expenses, lost income, pain, suffering and disability. Call us at (612) 377-7777 or toll-free at 1-800-752-4265 for a free consultation.

« Back to News Room