Slip, Trip and Fall: What should I do?SLIP AND FALL ACCIDENT: WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- Go to the hospital emergency room, and tell the doctor about every area of your body in which you are experiencing pain.
- Immediately report your accident to the property owner or property security company. Be sure to get a copy of the accident report.
- Try to get the names and telephone numbers of any people who may have witnessed your fall.
- Place the shoes and all the articles of clothing you were wearing at the time of the accident in a sealed plastic bag to preserve any materials or substances that could relate to your fall.
- If you have suffered any visible damage to your body (i.e., cuts, scrapes and bruises) have someone take photographs or permit an investigator to take them.
- Do not discuss or make any statements about your case with any employees or insurance representatives of the property owner, without first speaking with your lawyer.
- Do not accept any forms of payment or sign any releases without speaking to a lawyer. Doing so could waive your legal rights.
- If you know of any prior accidents in the same location, disclose the information to a lawyer.
- Contact Schwebel, Goetz & Sieben immediately following a slip and fall accident at 1-800-752-4265 to learn your legal rights and receive the just compensation you deserve.