Neck, Back and Spine Injuries: What should I do?
SPINAL CORD INJURY: WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- Seek immediate medical treatment, as it is important to determine what injuries you have sustained.
- If possible, avoid gaps of time between medical treatments since long time periods are often used by the defense to argue that later treatment was not related to the accident.
- Do not permit anyone to interrogate you about the events of the accident, particularly the other party's attorney or insurance company or representatives of your own insurance company.
- Do not accept any claim before you speak with an attorney. Many large insurance companies have adopted settlement policies that encourage their adjusters to offer quick payments to persons involved in automobile accidents.
- Get a doctor’s note for all time taken off work as a result of your accident, even if you’re self-employed.
- Get the names, telephone numbers and addresses of all witnesses and people involved in the accident.
- Save receipts for all medications prescribed, and keep a list of all your doctors and hospitals, the reason you received treatment and the month and year of each treatment.
- Please refer to the practice area section to the left of this page if your spinal cord injury was a result of a specific accident.
- Contact Schwebel, Goetz & Sieben immediately following a spinal cord injury at 1-800-752-4265 to learn your legal rights and receive the just compensation you deserve.