Plane Crashes: What should I do?PLANE ACCIDENT: WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- Call the National Transportation Safety Board NTSB, and ask to be informed of any investigation developments.
- Obtain your own copies of names, addresses and telephone numbers of all witnesses, and keep them in a safe place for future reference.
- If possible, photograph the accident scene and any visible injuries (cuts, bruises).
- Do not talk to anyone or sign anything about the crash without first consulting with an attorney.
- Expect airline and insurance company representatives to contact you immediately following the crash, but do not discuss the details of the accident without first consulting with an attorney.
- Obtain and keep receipts for all expenses relating to the disaster.
- Do not accept or sign a settlement from any insurer. You will waive all rights to any further action against the insurer or other parties involved in the cause of the accident.
- Contact Schwebel, Goetz & Sieben immediately following a plane crash at 1-800-752-4265 to learn your legal rights and receive the just compensation you deserve.